Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life is pain (highness)

"Life is pain highness anyone who says differently is selling something..."

So last post I noted that Sifu (Chinese for "teacher") Fassler invited me to test for black in April. Great-eek.
Well, Thursday I dutifully went to class and while doing left front kicks felt a twinge about where my leg and bottom meet. After I thought about, it has happened off and on for awhile, but I made it through classes no worries. He also asked me cover class this week and teach forms- which I love.
Friday, no remembrance of the twinge.
Saturday, twinge returns and I decide to walk to the library to work it out. BAD IDEA! Between the temperature drop and the walk, my leg stiffened and hurt a lot. Guess who pulled a hamstring?!? I actually had to use my cane Sat. night when I went to the store and not 'cause it looked cool.
Sunday, still in pain, missed church and mostly did not move my leg much. Took much ibuprofen.
Monday, limped much, but was on the mend.
Today, limping less, mending.
I came to the realization that this has happened before. I don't remember how long ago, but I remember my leg feeling weak, having trouble putting on socks, pants, etc. because of the bending. This stuff sucks. Definitely looking to avoid it in the future. :)

9 comments:

lizS said...

bummer! don't forget to treat with heat and cold too; that's helped me in the past. good luck!

Bruce said...

yep. this sounds familiar. only i sprained my lower back. i think(acually i know) this is an old problem. as in your getting old and need to stretch befor you work out. your not 17 any more. trust me, voice of experience on this one. i keep meening to stretch more so i can do things sorta right again but am to lazy to get off the couch to sit on the floor and stretch. to bad i cant do it while sitting on the couch.

timpani76 said...

Oooh, Bruce called you an old man Sancho. Them's fighting words!

My word verification is "unhole". Unhole that buddy!

Bruce said...

i did not say he was old yet. i said he was getting there

Eyepoke said...

None of us are 40 yet right?

Be kind to your muscles!

Bruce said...

eirc is the closest

Hoba Chi said...

Alright Eldridge, you just back off or I am banning you! :P

timpani76 said...

What, I'm meaner than Bruce. Maybe you should ban your wife instead ;)

Bruce said...

no im the one that should be banned, he sleeps in the same bed with you.