Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Invitation

So certain people who will remain nameless think that I do not blog enough. This may be true, but I try to make my blogs noteworthy.
I did want to share something though: My instructor e-mailed me and invited me to test for black belt in April '09. It was just an e-mail, but I had to think about it. I accepted and will be working to be ready.
Yikes! Four months to get off my tail and put things into a higher gear. I knew that it would be coming. (Actually, I probably missed several opportunities by my attendance and class issues.) I am not nervous, but I have a glaring sense of my inadequacies (weight and endurance mostly.)
Prayers and supportive wishes would be appreciated.

Supplemental information:
Current martial art: Kajukenbo
Class nickname: Spaniard ('cause it sounded cool, I speak Spanish and it was the nickname of Maximus in Gladiator)

That's about it for another week or two.

4 comments:

Bruce said...

i feel that i have to get ready for the next black belt test at our school. not because im testing but because there is some one we call "big" jim. he is like 6'4" and about 300lbs. guess who gets to be his partner for self defence, stand up fighting and, grapling. i only have about 1.5 months to be ready.

lizS said...

yay erik! good luck! can we be spectators?

timpani76 said...

Are you finally going to diet with me? Or are you going to be stubborn as usual?

Dana Cheryl said...

Good luck E! Or should I say something else? "Break a leg" doesn't seem appropriate so I guess I'll stick with good luck!