Monday, September 22, 2008

Motivation- See video below

Pause my play list. Below is is the video that I watch a lot when I train my horse stance. It helps me to not be such a wuss when my leg starts to burn a little or some other minor pain. That kid is amazing.

Addendum- It was pointed out by to me by two savvy subscribers (Timpani and Liz) to my blog that the intro is written in Spanish. Translation as follow, "In 1980 at 8 months of age Robert suffered a grave infirmity. Diagnosis: Meningitis. Prognosis: Robert would not be able to talk and much less be able to walk some day... Twenty six years later Robert demonstrates how wrong science was. Robert Rivas Castillo is today a 3rd degree brown belt A. K. K. S. (American Kenpo Karate Systems) Chile."

5 comments:

Dana Cheryl said...

That is motivating! I limit myself in so many ways. What could we accomplish if we allowed ourselves to go after our goals?!

lizS said...

that was really cool. very much puts things in perspective, doesn't it? what an awesome kid.

Eyepoke said...

oh hey, i forgot to mention that the video is in spanish. maybe you didn't notice erik, and i got the main jist, but would've liked to have all the details. perhaps you could translate for us monoliguists?
liz

Hoba Chi said...

I have update the post to show the translation, which is also good for the old "God is smarter than science" adage. ;)

lizS said...

thanks erik! it makes much more sense now.